Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Big, Big Hair...

Gilda Radner Picture Gallery
I have “big” hair. If you do, you know exactly what I mean. It expands with any moisture in the air. My dear blog partner has “perfect, straight” hair. Sometimes she complains about it but come on…. Remember the series “My Sister Sam”? One of my favorite lines from that series is when the sisters look at each other and say “We hate girls with perfectly straight hair who complain about it!” I will always contend that my life would have been different if my hair hadn’t required so much work. Summer or any vacation that includes a beach is a special challenge. Remember Courtney Cox on Friends on holiday somewhere in the Caribbean, her hair growing wider and wider? That is me. Fortunately there are wonderful new products on the market that keep the frizz in check. Aveeda has a line Smooth Infusion, shampoo, conditioner and a leave in called Hang Straight. Dove has a line Frizz Control Therapy, and I especially like the leave in Taming Cream which I use on my wet hair before drying and also as a little “touch up” on those especially difficult days. John Frieda Collection, Weather Works by Frizz Ease is new and like the others will control and smooth the frizz. So girls there is hope for us yet and who knows, maybe my life will take an unexpected turn!

No comments: